If so, you recommend that you use us as we are Adelaide lawyers as well as Adelaide conveyancers.
As Adelaide lawyers, we are entitled to carry out conveyancing services on behalf of clients at no more cost than an Adelaide conveyancer – and let’s face it lawyers have a lot more qualifications than conveyancers.
What is conveyancing?
The sale and purchase of land involves a process called a “conveyance of land”. Conveyancing is the process by which the legal ownership of land is changed or transferred.
This includes changing the names on the original certificate of title which is the legal identifier of the land and making sure the land is transferred as “clear title” i.e. free of any encumbrances or debt. In Adelaide an Adelaide solicitor or an Adelaide conveyancer is qualified to do this.
Historically, Adelaide solicitors have always been entitled to carry out Adelaide conveyancing services, well before the introduction of conveyancers. We can be called upon to conduct conveyancing services when you are buying, selling or transferring land for any reason, even from family member to family member.
If you are selling a property to someone you know, you will need a contract. We can assist in this regard.
Adelaide Conveyancer services as well as legal advice
At Di Rosa Lawyers we specialise in South Australian property law as well as Adelaide conveyancing. Should any legal difficulties arise, we will advise you and protect your interests.
We put our clients’ needs first and make sure they are kept informed of the process step by step.
What we can do for you
Because we are experienced Adelaide property lawyers and conveyancers we have the necessary expertise to deal with all matters relating to the sale and purchase of land including:
- Conducting Certificate of Title searches
- Searches of government departments and local authorities
- Advice on the effect of the contract and Form 1
- Where necessary or required, obtain expert advice on the stamp duty, Capital Gains Tax and Goods and Services Tax impacts on the sale and or purchase of the land (or refer you to specialist accounting advice in complex matters)
- Legal advice and representation in relation to any issues arising from the contract, for example, where the other party by act or omission breaches the contract
- Preparation and certification of legal documents
- Stamping of required documents
- Calculation of adjustments of rates and taxes
- Preparation of settlement statements
- Liaison with mortgagors and financiers
- Attendance at settlement
- Advising all authorities as to the change of ownership
If you are thinking of buying or selling land in Adelaide or anywhere else in South Australia, and need an Adelaide conveyancer for advice about how you can do so legally and properly, contact us now on 8276 7955 or email us your enquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org.