Are you an executor of an estate and need a conveyancer to transfer land to the beneficiaries of the estate or to a purchaser of the land?
Have you separated with your spouse and need a conveyancer to transfer your house to yourself or to a purchaser?
Do you wish to transfer your property to a child or spouse as part of your succession plan or to effect a change in the joint ownership of your property.
You will need the advice and assistance of experienced conveyancers and lawyers such as Di Rosa Lawyers to ensure the transfer is smooth and secure.
Different types of transfers of property
There are many differing reasons why property is transferred from one family member to another or to a purchaser whereby the sale proceeds may be divided in a certain way.
These reasons can include:
- death in the family
- sub-division of larger estates
- buying and selling among family members.
How we can help
Di Rosa Lawyers specialises in related party transfers of property and have the necessary expertise to deal with all such transfers including:
- Conducting Certificate of Title searches
- Searches of government departments and local authorities
- Advice on whether a contract, form 1 or deed or other agreement is necessary.
- Obtaining expert advice on the stamp duty, Capital Gains Tax and Goods and Services Tax impacts on the related party transfer of land.
- Legal advice and representation in relation to any issues arising from the contract, for example, where the other party by act or omission breaches the agreement;
- Preparation and certification of legal documents
- Stamping of required documents
- Calculation of adjustments of rates and taxes if necessary
- Preparation of settlement statements if necessary
- Liaison with mortgagors and financiers if necessary;
- Attendance at settlement if money is required to change hands to effect the transfer.
- Advising all authorities as to the change of ownership.
Call us on 8237 0559 if you need to transfer land in the above circumstances and need conveyancing advice or assistance.